Sunday, January 6, 2019

Snowmen at Night- Let's Play!

Hello Everyone!!

Happy Holidays, all!! I hope your's were all you wanted, needed, and more!!  I was able to spend so much quality time with my family, it was all I needed to rejuvenate after a very busy fall semester. 2019 is going to be a wonder-filled year as we welcome a new member to our family!  My son finally proposed to his long time girlfriend and she said, "YES!' We are so excited!!  We love her already and considered her a part of the family years ago, but now it's going to be official!  

There are also some exciting professional things going on in my life, too,  so stay tuned for that news! :) 

I get a ton of e-mail about the fact that my units include a lot of games and fun stuff.  I KNOW!!  I truly believe that kids are so much more engaged in their learning when they are "playing!"  It's a wonderful thing!  Six year olds are not wired to sit still at a desk and just listen to the teacher and fill out worksheets.  (Adults aren't either, for that matter!) Of course there has to be some "sit still and listen," but not exclusively, by any means!
 As I was thinking about this last week, I inspired to create this ultra mini unit using the book, Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner.  It's one of my favorite books to read in January. I usually just read and discuss, maybe do a quick response, but this year I wanted to add a bit more. So here you go! Let's PLAY! :) I especially can't wait to do the potato print snowmen with the kids!!



Gotta love some Mr. Rogers!!




All directions to create this are included in the unit!

If you are interested in a little "playing around,"
CLICK HERE FOR THE UNIT!

Well, my winter break is just about over, so I guess I better go knock some "to do's" off my list!!  Here's wishing you a wonder-filled and playful week back!  Thanks for stopping by this little "Window on Wonder!"
Joyfully!
Nancy

Questions? Problems?
firstgradewow@gmail,com







No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!