Saturday, October 20, 2012

Me and My Family

Hello Everyone!
While looking through my plans for the next couple of weeks, I realized I hadn't shared my mini family unit.  We study the family this time of year as a celebration of what family is, why it is important, and especially the wants and needs of families. I love learning about the different traditions, cultures, celebrations (small and major) that envelope my kiddos. Learning about the differences in our families helps us appreciate our friends and relationships.  I love the "melting pot" that classrooms have become. Here are samples of a few of the pages that are in my mini family unit.


Unit includes a six page mini books the kids can make



Wants and Needs





For your free little mini unit on family, click here
Unit is 14 pages of kid activities!

Have a great rest of the weekend!  I'm off to work on report cards!!
Joyfully!
Nancy




12 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! Love it! Thanks for sharing some really great ideas.

    Ann
    http://mrsgreeneskindergartenkorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your resources. They seem to be exactly what I'm looking for at exactly the right time!!! You are very talented!!!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog about two weeks ago and I wanted to let you know that I absolutely LOVE your stuff. I am also very grateful that you share all of your resources for free. We're all in this together, aren't we! We should be helping each other. It only serves our children even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly,
    Thank you so much for your comment. I've have only been doing this for a little while, but am loving the sharing part!! I love that we can all connect over the simple idea of helping kids!! thanks!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Thank you! Just what I needed!
    wholewheatclass@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no future in laws which discriminate on the basis of race in term of family first. All laws should be 'colourblind' in family first. If a person needs assistance, their race or ethnicity should be irrelevant on family first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your generosity by sharing your freebies! I have just found your blog and I am in LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! We are changing our social studies curriculum and your family unit is a life-saver....kid tested, teacher approved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful mini family unit- great ideas, perfect for my 1/2 class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, and really appreciate your sharing it. Unfortunately I was unable to download it correctly in order to print it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is exactly what I was looking for. Social Studies based. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing such amazing resources....really useful for year 1 S&E

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!