Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh No! Santa's Stuck!!

Hello Everyone!
I'm back again with another free unit!  I love taking one piece of literature and creating cross curricular activities to go along with it!! This time my unit is based on "Santa's Stuck" by Rhonda Greene, one of my favs for this season!  The 34 page unit includes some problem and solution Reader's Response activities, four math tub activities, a craft connection and a science activity!  I can't wait to do these with my kiddos.

Have fun singing this song!!

 I've been doing this activity for several years and love it.  Patterns are included in the unit.  Last year I even found some brick scrapbook paper to use for the chimney instead of just red construction paper.  I'm on a hunt for it again!
students organize facts so they balance on each side of the work mat and then record.


pattern for the mittens is included in the unit!   

 Don't get stuck, click here for your unit!!

Hope you enjoy this little unit! Let me know how you used it or if you would like to see anything else!
Now off to find my turkey for Thursday!! :)
Joyfully!
Nancy

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all your awesome things Nancy! I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing you are!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Thank you for sharing!!

    Kiah
    kiah.m.berg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog not too long ago and am so thankful for teachers like you who share your wonderful ideas! My fourth graders have LOVED some of your creations this year. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another AWESOME unit. Thank you Nancy. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soooo much!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you do not think this is too sappy but I wanted to tell you I am so THANKFUL for you! This is my first year back in the classroom after 9 years staying home. Your Blog and wonderful ideas that you share so willingly have been such a great help. I pray you are BLESSED beyond measure for being such a BLESSING. YOU are so giving and so willing to share and I just wanted you to know I am so thankful. I think you are amazing. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING....Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the cute unit! I know my class will love all of the activities!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such a great variety of activities! I love your upbeat posts about the joys of teaching first grade! Enjoy your Thanksgiving ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing unit! Fun, creative ideas! I am heading out to find this book! Thanks SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - So Cute! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this book and am excited to see this unit! Can't wait to incorporate some of the ideas in my class (LOVE the cross-curricular nature of it!!). You are so generous to share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A.MAZING! Thank you so very,very much!
    cc

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do you find this unit to print?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer, Find the "Click Here" right below the last picture on the post. Click there. It will bring you to google docs. You can download there! Thanks!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this EXACT {I don't think it's a coincidence} santa's stuck craft on The First Grade Parade....

    http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com/2011/01/christmas-catch-up-happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Thank you for pointing that out. I have been doing this activity WITH Cara for the past few years.We were teammates! We grew and learned from each other!! :)I think the original idea came from a homeschooling mom. I love how teachers share. It's all for the kids!! :)

      Delete
  18. Nancy, it must be very frustrating to see negative comments from others assuming you copied the work of other popular bloggers. I must say, though, you always handle yourself with grace and kindness. Keep on inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!