Saturday, December 29, 2012

There's Snow Time Like Winter

Hello Everyone!!
I have absolutely loved having this week off.  Christmas was a very relaxing and sweet day of celebrating so many things. I feel so blessed!
 I ended up getting a yucky cold later in the week, so I was forced to stay in and enjoy the snow from my couch.  It did give me some time to put together a little unit for later on in the winter, probably the week of Jan 21.  I love having time to plan ahead for a change.  This little unit includes some winter poetry and interpretation responses, some compound word activities, a word search, some math tub activities, including one with missing addend, a marshmallow snowman craft connection, some quick reader's response to go along with "The Biggest Snowman Ever" By Steven Kroll, a mystery picture math activity with addition and subtraction clues, and a fun science activity. Here are a few pics to help you visualize.











Looks good enough to eat!!


 














Unit has a Borax snowflake in a jar experiment.



Now that I'm feeling a little better, I'm going to venture outside!!  Hope your time off is a time of blessings and joy!

Joyfully!
Nancy