Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Interactive Math Notebook

Hello Everyone!
My apologies for not posting lately.  We had to drive to Chicago to help my widowed father in law move 53 years of "family" to a new apartment. Going through that many years' worth of "family accumulations" was both wonderful and emotional.  My husband got to bring home so much of his childhood that we had to rent a U Haul!  We were able to settle dad into a great little apartment with incredible "senior" amenities.  Feeling pretty blessed! 
Anyway, I was totally "unplugged" all week and it actually felt pretty good! But now, I'm in catch-up mode! So today I'm sharing my new and improved Interactive Math Notebook.  We have had such amazing results from using the math notebook approach to support our math program, but I wanted to make it even more interactive. If you have used this before, please download again.  I've added about 9 different number of the day pages depending on your kids' level and readiness.  I've also added about 10 pages of manipulatives for kids to make and store in a bag or envelope, and keep in their notebooks. That's what makes the notebook so interactive!! Here are a couple of pics.







beginning of the year number of the day page
End of the year number of the day page





sample of manipulatives included
 











I am very excited to help kids be the best they can be at thinking mathematically!  Using a notebook like this will boost that success and promote independence at the same time.  


Okee Dokee. Time to get my own house back in order after being gone.  I hope you're having a great week! 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment. OH! I almost forgot.  If you've e-mailed me recently and requested materials, I'll get those sent this afternoon. I did not even check mail while we were gone!! Thanks for your patience!! 
I'm getting ready to post an updated poetry folder unit and a few more things!
Till then, keep lookin up! 
Joyfully!
Nancy


18 comments:

  1. What a great resource! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas to put to use in this packet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! It will be well-used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When are you putting these into your day? During calendar time? Or sometime during math?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy! I discover your blog a few months ago. Juggling being a full time mom of an energetic 4 year old and a new teacher, the least I can say is that your words, kindness, ideas and wonderful resources have been a true blessing in my life!!! I will start using the interactive notebooks with my kindergartners this school year.Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much dear teacher friend! You touch so many little minds outside of your own classroom by sharing your wonderful resources! Blessings to you as you prepare for the new school year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such awesome ideas! My team and I love using everything! The kids always have a "blast" and learn these with pleasure !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to use these pages! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, I am going to try interactive notebooks for math this year. I am hoping it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe that you have given this as a freebie! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! You are HEAVEN sent! Thank you SO much for your generosity! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I try downloading your incredible unit nothing shows up. I have done this on three different computers (home, school, ipad) Any suggestions??
    Thanks for sharing. You are WONDERFUL!!!
    Lea Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anon!
      If you send me your e-mail I can send you the pdf. directly! You can e-mail me at nancyvb1@gmail.com
      So sorry you're having trouble downloading!
      Nancy

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a wonderful resource. Thank you for using your time and saving others prep time. Do you have anything made with a safari theme?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!