Sunday, January 14, 2018

Let it Snow 2018 and 100th Day 2018

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post.  I had full intentions of posting during our winter break, but I had so much family stuff going on. We did a ton of cooking, movie watching, game playing, furniture refinishing, pantry organizing, and just plain chillin'! I loved every single minute of it. It was all low key, but it was the best!
I want to share a couple of pics of our Grinch day! It was so fun and the kids had a blast! We got to do almost everything in my unit! Take a peek!














Such a fun day, and the kids did do a little learning along the way!!! :)

Last week was a review week in science, so we decided that because of the "chance" of snow, we needed to do a fun activity to celebrate snow!
While thinking about that, my awesome teammate mentioned that you could get snowballs at the local Bahama Buck's, a shaved ice place.  Genius!!!
So, of course, I went a got some!!
For these little Texas kids who don't see snow very often, I knew they were going to love anything we did to go along with snowballs!! I made up a quick little science review experience.









Kids loved the science activity and review, and loved working with snowballs (thanks to Bahama Bucks!) cause it never did snow! :(   Maybe this week!! :)
I know a lot of you are getting way more snow than you ever wanted (thinking about you all!!) so you probably don't even want to consider any kind of snow science, but give it a try anyway!!! You won't need to go buy your snowballs!

I have included this little activity in my snow unit. Other fun things included are...










Coming up soon is our 100th day of school!  I added a couple of things to my unit!









OK!!!  This post was a little longer than I meant for it to be, but considering I haven't posted in a while, I guess that's alright. I'll be back soon!!!  Thanks for your patience and thanks for stopping by!!  
Have a wonderful week!!
Joyfully!
Nancy





 .



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!