Sunday, August 19, 2012

Star Polisher

Hello Everyone!
One of my favorite motivating poems for me as a teacher is the lovely poem by Leah Becks called "Star Polisher."  I have posted about this before, but I needed the thoughts from this poem to come back to the forefront of my own thoughts.  I have been soooo busy getting my new classroom ready and getting things ready to go for my new team, that sometimes I lose focus.  My focus should be on the kids!!  Yes, I like a cute classroom because I spend a lot of time in it, and I want the kids to know that I love them so much that I want to give them a learning environment that they can be excited about. But the reality is, a classroom is the kids!! They are what give a room life and passion.  I'm sharing a printable of this sweet poem for you to post and be reminded of our job as teachers- star polishers!

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!
Let's get polishing!!!