Saturday, August 24, 2013

Beginning of Year Treat Bag Hot Air Balloon Style!

Hello Everyone!
I love my new class!!  They seem to be very sweet and ready to learn! We had our "Meet the Teacher" on Thursday evening and it was such a joy to meet all the lovely families.  I am so excited to get to know them better.
I still have so much to do to be ready for them to travel this amazing first grade journey with me beginning on Monday.  I'll probably be at school all day today (Saturday), but I want to start out ahead of the game!  I'm sure my whole team will be up there.  I am thrilled and feel so blessed to be a part of this group of teacher friends!! Here's a quick pic taken on "Meet the Teacher Night." Aren't they darling???  Oh!! And I love our shirts!!  "First Grade Rocks!"  Moonlight Threads did them for usHere's their site.

http://www.moonlightthreads.com/store/



Our beginning of the year "theme" so to speak is hot air balloons.  I'll share our hallway decs later.  The kids have a part in that, so I want to wait until they do their little projects. But I do want to share a cute little treat bag we had ready for the kids on Thursday. So easy and cheap!!

We had one of these waiting on our sweet new little ones' desks.  I think it helped some of them to calm their little nerves!
Here's a closeup of the poem.
 
You can get your free printable
 
 
Well, I'm off to do some more organizing and putting finishing touches on my home away from home!!  Till next time, always look for the joy!!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirts. I will have to check out that site for sure! Thanks for the tip.
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!