Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cross Checking

Hello Everyone!
Next week we will be introducing the concept of cross checking in reading.   Cross checking is a strategy for helping kids think while they read.  Do the words (and sometimes the pictures) match with what they are reading? When they get to the end of a sentence, stop and cross check. Does it look right? Does it sound right? Does it make sense.  Kids should be aware of mistakes when they are reading.   The Sisters of Daily 5 and CAFE have a little hand movement they do while teaching this strategy, but my team and I wanted a little visual as well. This is what I came up with.

 
You can get your free printable
 
Let me know if this is at all useful to you. I love to read your comments and suggestions!!
 
Have a wonder-filled weekend, everyone!!  Thanks for stopping by and peeking through our little window!!
Joyfully!
Nancy