Monday, December 17, 2012

Grinch Alert II and Reindeer Races

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to share a couple of things we did last week to finish up our Grinch Week and a fun subtraction Reindeer Game we played this morning.
On Friday, the day started with Fidget With It Friday and Green Play Doh!  We practiced spelling our sight words!





 We got to enjoy that wonderful Dr. Seuss book again by making Grinch Cookies with our third grade book buddies!  I drew a sample on the board and the kids did great!!  Colored frosting, mini marshmallows, black licorice strings, and yellow Sixlettes.


Our Grinch Cookies turned out great!!



  We made our Grinch Grime.  This year I got Green Glitter Glue to use instead of white school glue!  It turned out so cool!! Kids loved it!!



We had such a fun day. At the end I gave the kids some Candy Canes the Grinch had left behind.  You should have heard them when they read what he had done to the red and white ones!! :) EWWWW!


Our Amazingly Dedicated, Sweet, and Fun Team!!!    
Today, Monday, we began our week of Reindeer Games.  We are going to learn all about reindeer (caribou) and include them in all of our other curriculum areas.  This morning I put together a fun little Reindeer Race.  We divided into two groups and sat on either side of the large work mat. Each team had to roll a die and count down from 20 that many spaces. We put "lights" on each number as we counted down. The team that got to the finish line first won.  Great subtraction practice! The kids each had a recording page of their own. Tomorrow we'll try it with addition!






The cute reindeer plastic tablecloth is from...you guessed it! The Dollar Store! :)
Click here for your copy! There's one for addition too!

And here for my Reindeer Games unit! :) 

A great start to what will be a great week!
Have a good one!!
Joyfully!
Nancy


4 comments:

  1. I love your ideas! I'm going to have to use them next year. LOVE it!!!

    Heather
    I’m having a giveaway! I’d love for you to buzz by and enter:)
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your stuff! Thank you so much for sharing. We have a reindeer day planned tomorrow so it will be great to throw in some fun reindeer games. Thank YOU again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, You're amazing! I love the whole group activities with the snowflake and the reindeer game. Very Creative! you have so many wonderful ideas. I just downloaded your entire Grinch unit. Can I just say LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'm a new follower!
    ☀Rikki
    The Hive
    I'm having a giveaway if you would like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! I appreciate all that you do! Thank you!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!