Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What Glows like Rudolph's Nose?

Hello Everyone!
Just a teeny tiny post tonight!  Way too much going on!  Today we continued with our study of reindeer.  We read the original version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- written in 1939!!  We'll do some comparing and contrasting later this week, but I wanted to get a quick response and text to self connection in.  I paired the kids up (during their "Read to Someone" time) and had the kids brainstorm and write all the different things they could think of that glows like Rudolph's nose. When we got back together, we added all the glowing ideas to a chart.  I loooooove all the great responses!!  Way to go kids!! I think the only things that glow brighter than Rudolph's nose are the minds and smiles on my little cuties!!
Not sure what dream lights and glow pillows are, but the kids convinced me they glowed! :)
This reader's response activity can be found in my Reindeer Games unit. Click here for your copy!

Have a perfectly glow-filled night!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Love this activity! My firsties were crazy about Rudolph during my reindeer unit. What a great way to make a connection. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Glow Pillows at a Kroger's store the other day!

    You are amazing. I love this Nancy!

    Blessings to you sweet friend. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!