Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Turkey Trouble!! Just serve...

Hello Everyone!!
One of my favorite books to read this time of year is Turkey Trouble by Wendy Silvano.  In the story, the troubled turkey finds different way to disguise himself so as not to get eaten on Thanksgiving.  At the end of the story he decides to dress a a pizza delivery guy and brings pizza to the family he is trying to avoid! The kids looove the story and the illustrations.  You have to get this one! Great book to use for problem and solution!
We did a quick Readers' Response to the story.  We brainstormed many different things that could be eaten on Thanksgiving instead of turkey and created a chart.  We picked out our favs and wrote a quick little poem. Then created a fun little turkey to hold our writing.









For your free little activity including patterns, click HERE!! (as if you have time for more turkey!) :)
Okee Dokee!! Gotta run! Fun Feast Day tomorrow!!  Stay tuned!!

As always, thanks for stopping by!! 
Joyfully!
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. This is great, Nancy.
    We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia but I think I will still read this book so I can do these great activities. I'm hopping over to Book Depository to buy a copy now.
    I am a regular follower of your blog and I get excited when I see you have posted something new. Thanks for your great ideas. You are an inspiration.

    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my teacher crush! Lol. I love your creativity. This book is my all time FAVE Thanksgiving book. Well, this one and A Turkey for Thanksgiving (Even Bunting). Thanks for a great activity. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you and posting free activities for a teacher who loves her job like me. I absolutely think you rock!! I am dying to know how you post them so we can download them, since I try on my little blog and it only lets me load one page at a time... I am so new at this stuff. I want to be you in my next life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my goodness.. love it.. its so stinkin cute!! Thanks for all the freebie.. We just started a blog and would love if you'd check it out. We just posted a bunch of freebies and are having a giveaway =)

    http://www.thrillsandfrillsinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Where do you get your clip art? Do you design it yourself? Use a program? Thanks for all of your great ideas and freebies!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!