Saturday, November 2, 2013

Veterans Day mini unit

Hello Everyone!
Oh My! What a week!!  We packed so much in, my head is spinning!! I'll be back in a bit to give you a peek into our amazing week.  But for now I just wanted to share a quick mini. Veterans Day is coming up on the 11th, so we'll be doing some work to prepare for our celebration. (We invite all the Veterans from the area to be honored.)
Along with learning about the history (a light version for first graders), we also want our kids to know why and for whom we set this day aside in honor. 





Mini unit includes information mini poster, thinking map, poetry, a book for kids to read and illustrate, and a quick hands on visual. 
Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back in a bit.  I muuuuuust get caught up on the homefront!!
Till then, have a great day!!
Joyfully!
Nancy
  

8 comments:

  1. Perfect timing! I have 3 days of a sub to plan for, and this is awesome! Thank you!
    Ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this unit! Always looking for a good way to to introduce my students to Veteran's day. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your freebie! So generous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your material and so do the first graders! Thank you, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if you had any fabulous ideas for US Symbols?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!