Friday, January 18, 2013

Gummy Worms VS Earth Worms

Hello Everyone!
We finished our study of living and nonliving things with a fun (and a little slimy) activity.  "Gummy Worms vs Earth Worms"  The activity was adapted from a similar activity in the AIMS Science curriculum.  We had already discussed the characteristics of both living and nonliving things. Last week I posted about our little pet rocks.  (search "Pets Rock").  This week my sweet team decided to just dive into this cute little lesson about comparing Gummy worms and earth worms. Most of us were excited about bringing earthworms into the classroom! :)  Most of our sweet firsties were excited as well!









Here's a quick freebie if you would like to try it!! Click here!

Oh, what we don't do to help our kids experience all they can!! My kids actually ended up naming our five worms and we will be keeping them for a few more days! So cute!!

Anyway, thanks for stopping to take a peek into this wonder-filled world!  I appreciate you all so much!!  

I've been working on a couple of math activities for next week.  I'll try to save time tomorrow to share those!  Stay tuned!!
Till then, have a great night!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. EEK! How fun! Did your littles have a hard time measuring the earth worms? Thank you for this fabulous idea! Organisms and Enviornment is our last Science unit, and I wait ALL year for it. To call it my favorite would be an understatement. But we will definitely be doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. I love it and it doesn't cost a lot of money. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Thanks for sharing your cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! It looks like a ton of yummy and gooey fun! Thank you for sharing it!
    Cara
    Kindergarten Boom Boom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Immense information there.
    Pest Control Manassas Va

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!