Monday, July 8, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Unit!

Hello Everyone!
I know it's been a few days since my last post, but I've been busy finishing up my newest unit.  I think it would be fun to start the new year off with a unit on hot air balloons. Kids (and adults) are fascinated with hot air balloons! They are so colorful, almost magical, and so interesting!! This 78 page unit includes some beginning of the year poems and books the kids can make, some goal setting, some alphabet and phoneme practice, some math ten frame practice, strategy games, and math tub activities, some information on hot air balloons and science experiments, and much more!  Oh! I can't forget! It also includes patterns for a "Hands On Visual" connection (formerly known as a "craft" connection).
Here are a few pics!


Make a mini hot air balloon science activity with recording sheet
hot air balloon 10 frames with a matching game
goal setting




A Class Graphing Activity with recording and observation sheets



counting phonemes partner game, word cards included
























For your free 78 page cross curricular hot air balloon unit, click here!

I would love to hear from you, if you think this is something you can use! I know I can't wait to share it with my new kids!!  Please leave me a comment!  I love reading your responses!! If you would like to see anything else added to this unit, don't hesitate to ask!!  
As always, thanks for stopping by for a peek!! I appreciate you! Till next time, have a wonder-filled week! Keep soaring!!
Joyfully!
Nancy