Saturday, July 20, 2013

Writer's Draft/Craft Toolbox Unit

Hello Everyone!
I love helping my little firsties grow their writing. After reading Carol Avery's book, ...And With a Light Touch, this summer, I was motivated to improve my "Writer's Toolbox." I am so excited to share this with my kiddos in a few weeks. The unit includes some pages to print off, punch holes, and store in a folder with fasteners. I've included some samples of draft book paper for the different stages, some alphabet pages, some pages for kids to brainstorm and save all their ideas and words, and some target skill pages.   I have also included some writing mini lesson ideas based on both Lucy Calkins and Carol Avery, and the roving writer's conference short sheets.
Here are pics of a few of the 32 page unit.

Student Draft/Craft  Toolbox Cover

Sample Target Skills Page

Sample Draft Page

Things to write about
Map of the heart page

Mini Reminder Poster

If you want a printable, you can get it here! Click Away!! :)

I love having time to work on school stuff over the summer.  You should see my living room. Piles and piles of books, papers, and ideas!!  I love it!!  I'll be back soon with some science notebook ideas!!
Trying hard to get it all together!!
Till next time, thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!