Saturday, February 2, 2013

Compound Word Snowball Fight!

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by for a quick peek into our first grade world!  Some may say we're having way too much fun in first grade, but I am a firm believer in incorporating as many senses and learning styles as possible into as many mini lessons as I can!  So, yes!  We're having another snowball fight!! We had so much fun with our 2 digit addition snowball fight the other day in math, I thought it would be fun to try it with compound words. It was a hit! I simply gave each kiddo half of a compound word written on plain white paper. They crumpled the paper like a snowball, and tossed it into the air!  On my count, they had to find someone else's "snowball" open it up and then find the match to their word. So fun! A quick, easy, and very fun review of compound words. 
Sorry, I didn't get any pics this time, but here are a couple pics of the little compound word packet.









Click here for your printable!!
12 compound words,(24 halves), plus 2 extra pages for you to load.  
Have fun!!

Joyfully!
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! My class will love it, too! Thanks again for sharing your awesome ideas! You have an impact on so many more students than just those who are in your classroom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We are doing compound words next week.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your generousity!

    Marybeth
    http://cialinichat-mbcialini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just discovered your blog and it has had me engrossed for over an hour - sad cos I need to go and do some work. Your ideas and creatiity are amazing. I know I'll be using some of them in my classroom, especially your daily 5 ideas.
    Thanks for being so willing to share.
    Sherryl (New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try it out.
    Thanks.
    Megan
    mhorman@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I am definitely taking some time to have a snow ball fight in our room this week! Thanks!
    tjulch@mpsomaha.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kiddos loved this activity!! I am sharing it in my Five for Friday favorites. I linked it back to your blog . I also made a contraction version to use with my class. Thanks for the fun activity!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!