Saturday, June 29, 2013

JOY

Hello Everyone,
Joy.  It is such a simple and small word. But those of you who know me know that this word is one that I want to surround myself with.  I believe that when you do experience true joy, you know it!  I have this word displayed no less than ten times in my house in one form or another.  I also have it displayed in my classroom. My students all know that Joy is my favorite word and what we strive for!
When I think of my classroom and the kids with whom I work alongside, I want there to be an abundance of joy.  Joy is everywhere and all around us. I want to have a smile on my face and on my kids' faces because of a joy-filled classroom. It should never get so busy, so stress-filled, so crazy that you can't see the joy around you. I want to give my kids the joy of learning new things.
On the last day of school, my sweet friend, who also happened to be my room mom, gave me a book I will treasure always.  Thank you L!!!

Every page is a statement about the wonder of joy.  
It got me thinking about what education has to do with joy and lo and behold Albert Einstein said it best! 
 "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
So....I, of course, had to create some little mini posters with this quote on them.  4 different designs!



 I'm going to print out the bandanna one for my classroom.  If you would like some...You can joyfully click here! Yes! They're free! :)

Here's to finding your joy!
Thanks for stopping by and peeking in on mine!
Have a great weekend!
Joyfully!
Nancy




2 comments:

  1. This was a nice post to read! Thanks for sharing!
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much!!! :) Thanks for sharing the posters with us.
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!