Sunday, April 27, 2014

De-Liver De-Letter!!

Hello Everyone!!
What a great weekend!  Lots of house cleaning, and yard work!  Phew! I'm pooped!! But I did have a bit of energy left to create a quick little supplemental unit for writing "Friendly Letters." I know letter writing has basically gone extinct, but we still believe that it is a great way for people to personally show interest in others.  First grade is not too early to teach kids the proper way to write a friendly letter.  This is, in fact, a great time of year to do exactly that. There are a ton of people around them who would love to receive a letter from a first grader!! Writing letters to show ideas in chronological order or logical sequence and use of appropriate conventions is a supporting standard in our district's writing curriculum. I love that!!
Here are a few pics from this 12 page unit.












The unit also includes some letter writing templates.

I can't wait to have my kids get busy sharing their messages with those they love!!

As always, thanks for stopping by for a peek! 
You are the best!! 
Let me know if you spot any typos or
 inaccuracies in any of my docs!  
Have a great rest of your weekend!! 
 Mine's almost over!  
Joyfully!
Nancy





10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create the most adorable units. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song...now it will be in my head all day! Thanks for this adorable share and for the "back in the day" song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing once again!! This is a great little unit and of course it's adorable!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an absolute blessing! This is my first full year in first grade and I just found your blog. You are so very much appreciated! Thank you for sharing your skill, insight, talent and experience with such a giving and joyful heart. I've already learned more than I could have hoped for about teaching first grade from you. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could be a part of your first year!!! Here's to a great finish!!!

      Delete
  6. These FIFA sports video games must be performed quite kindly along with being notify at all times while using the correct abilities at the best time. Just by adding strain in your adversary or even acting incidents, you won't be capable of get these types of online games. You must be capable to shield the actual ball and acquire possession of that, that may lead you to get the action.
    Fifa 14 coins

    Fut 14 coins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for nice sharing. You can also find best Cast Iron material at Laxmi Iron & Steel Industry. The main object of LAXMI IRON & STEEL INDUSTRIES is to provide best quality and cost effective Cast Iron. For more information Visit Cast Iron Manhole Cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your blog today, and may I say "WOW"! I can't believe you share it all so generously. Everything is top quality, fun, and educational. I can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!