Friday, November 23, 2012

Lost my reading buddy today...

Hello Everyone,
My heart is so sad. We lost our big ol' yellow Labrador retriever, Beemer today.  I went outside to feed him this morning and he was "asleep" under the magnolia tree in the backyard.  I'm not sure why I felt like I had to share this with all of you, (I don't normally share personal things here) other than the feeling I have in my heart is one that I will use in relating to my students when sad things happen to them.  Pets are a huge part of our lives and we do actually love them so much.  I have shared these pictures with my kids and they know how much my family and I loved Beemer. I write about him all the time during draft book time. Kids need to know that teachers are humans with families, homes, pets, and feelings. We really don't sleep at school.

 I will miss my buddy!