Saturday, February 2, 2013

Compound Word Snowball Fight!

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by for a quick peek into our first grade world!  Some may say we're having way too much fun in first grade, but I am a firm believer in incorporating as many senses and learning styles as possible into as many mini lessons as I can!  So, yes!  We're having another snowball fight!! We had so much fun with our 2 digit addition snowball fight the other day in math, I thought it would be fun to try it with compound words. It was a hit! I simply gave each kiddo half of a compound word written on plain white paper. They crumpled the paper like a snowball, and tossed it into the air!  On my count, they had to find someone else's "snowball" open it up and then find the match to their word. So fun! A quick, easy, and very fun review of compound words. 
Sorry, I didn't get any pics this time, but here are a couple pics of the little compound word packet.









Click here for your printable!!
12 compound words,(24 halves), plus 2 extra pages for you to load.  
Have fun!!

Joyfully!
Nancy