Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I wish, I wish, I wish

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!  I wanted to share a little poetry activity we did today.  I wasn't really sure if it was going to be successful or not, but the kids proved me wrong.  These kids are amazing little writers and poets!  I decided to try writing chants today and to go along with the whole dandelion thing, I had the kids write about what they wished for.  I saw a similar idea on pinterest with a neat craft connection, so I can't take credit for the original idea.  I did have to change things up a bit, but I think it worked!!
First we brainstormed things that we wished for and created a chart to refer to later.  Then the kids wrote a rough draft with "I wish" at the beginning of each section of the chant.  We did some peer editting, and wrote a final piece. The fun part came next.  I traced each kiddo's profile on black paper. You should have heard the giggles!! :) They cut them out and glued them to a blue background. Then we created the dandelion in the seed stage with just sticks and yarn.  I think they turned out great!!  PHEW!

Me too!!! :)

For this printable click here.

Thanks for taking a peek!! Stop by again soon!
May all your wishes come true!