Saturday, September 15, 2012

Syllables are parts of words, parts of words, parts of words...

Hello Everyone!
Just an ultra quick post today!  My sweet youngest son is moving back home to save money. Must go get that U-Haul!! Can't wait!
I wanted to share a quick lesson we did this week on syllables.  I wrote a little song to help because I know kids learn beautifully through rhyme and rhythm.  We sang the song together several times, worked on how many syllables we have in our names, and other fun words, and then to help things sink in a little more, the kids helped decorate the butterfly section of the poster with butterflies while singing!





The kids put this poem in their Poetry folders.

How many syllables are in YOUR name?? :)
Have a great weekend!
Joyfully!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your poem. I can hear your enthusiasm in your words. Thanks for sharing. My first graders will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What do you think about ads of any kinds put on blogging websites?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!