Friday, October 5, 2012

Candy Corn Connection

Hello Everyone!
Great week at school this week!  We worked hard on place value and expanded notation in math. This time of year I like to bring in the fun fall inspired math manipulatives...This week? Candy Corn!  We worked on the best way to count a large quantity of items and discovered that if we group things by tens and then by ones, it was a faster way to count! That led us to experimenting with expanded notation and the composing and decomposing of two digit numbers. We ended the week with a fun, quick little candy corn math craft connection. Take a peek!




practicing expanded notation


Sweet candy corn connection

For your 11 page Candy Corn Connection mini unit including craft connection patterns click here

Thanks for stopping by for a peek! Stay tuned for more fun learning!
Have a sweet weekend!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

12 comments:

  1. So cute !! Thanks for the idea - can't wait to use it soon :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Hats off to you for ALWAYS being so generous.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Nancy! I am going to buy some candy corns today. Thank you for always sharing all of your amazing ideas with us! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing so many great activities with everyone!
    tjulch@mpsomaha.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's as if you read my mind! Just what I needed. Thank you for sharing always!
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I thought for sure this would be on TPT. You are so generous! Thanks for the freebie. You just made my day. These are super cute!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! My kiddos are really struggling with place value. Hope this helps and can't wait to eat the candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by my blog sometime. We're studying place value right now too and I have some freebies as well!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used it today, my class had a ball and we decorated our hallway with the beautiful candy corn! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!