Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stellaluna Saves the Day! (and the week!)

Hello Everyone!
I thought I'd go ahead and post a few things that we will be doing in my first grade classroom this coming week in case you needed a quick printable yourself! :)  We will be finishing up our study of the night sky with one of my favs, "Stellaluna!" There are soooo many activities out there to go along with this book, but I needed a few to go along with what we were working on in ELA and math. So, tah dah!  Here's a 17 page unit with a little bit of everything, math, ELA, and science. We are working on comparative language in math, text connections and fiction/nonfiction in reading,
 s blends in word work, and observing things in the night sky in science. I think I covered everything and then some in this unit.  Here are a couple of samples!

mystery picture

This packet contains poetry, greater than, less than, mystery picture, number order, reader's response cards, abc order, st words, listening activity, anatomy of bat, and more! for your free 17 page mini Stellaluna unit, click here.
Most things are in black and white so you won't break your color ink cartridge bank!! :)
I'll be back later with a craft connection!~!  Stay tuned!!
Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!