Sunday, March 17, 2013

Laaaaaaaand Hooooooo!

Hello Everyone!
One wonderful perk about the 15 hour drive home? I was able to put the finishing touches on my Landforms unit.  This unit is coming up in our curriculum, so I'm glad I had time to organize and put everything together.  This mini unit includes almost 70 pages of learning centered around exploration of landforms. There are some social studies activities (of course), some ELA (abc order, vocabulary, antonyms, written expression), some math, and a couple of craft connections.  I hope you can use even a small part of this. 
Here are a few pics of the unit.


Landforms book inspired by AIMS curric. Unit includes patterns!




mystery picture includes clues with mixed math practice







Well, spring break is almost over.  I have missed my kids so much!! Can't wait to see them!  But that's going to have to wait one extra day as I have jury duty tomorrow. Thank goodness for a wonderful substitute teacher who just so happens to be a dear friend.  My kids are in good hands!!

Next up? Natural resources and geometry units!  Stay tuned!!
As always, thanks for taking time to take a peek!  I appreciate each and every one of you!! 
Take care!
Joyfully!
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    WOW!! This is wonderful! You are so awesomely generous! Thank you!
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this unit! It is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this great unit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing. Thank you for your generous and creative spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you once again for another amazing unit! you really are the best. Keep doing what you do! We love it and so do the children in our classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This landforms unit is wonderful! You are so creative and generous. I am a huge fan!!! Your students are so blessed to have you. Thank you for sharing your many talents with the rest of us - so we in turn can share with our students. You are helping to make learning fun and engaging for countless little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great, my KG class is learning all about landforms and this helps me out ALOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You are very generous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You continue to amaze me - with your generosity and creativity! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy,
    We are doing landforms right now. i love the editable idea! Thanks for sharing. This couldn't have come at a better time!
    Cara

    Kindergarten Boom Boom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing. You're so generous with your work and I appreciate it. It's great.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete
  13. In this day of TpT , you are to be commended for remembering that education is all about sharing best practices with your peers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nancy! I am interested in the wonderful landforms unit. How do I get it?
    Thanks,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      There is a Click Here link right under the word search picture.
      If you still can't download, I can send it to you via e-mail. you can send your e-mail to me.
      nancyvb1@gmail.com

      Delete
  15. I am new to my grade level and have been trying to compile new units. This is a lifesaver! I thank you for your generosity and hard work. It is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!