Monday, July 2, 2012

Guided Reading Guide

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!! I get a lot of e-mails asking what I do when my kids are fully involved with Daily 5. Well, that is the perfect time for guided reading lessons with small groups or individual kiddos, as well as reading and writing conferences.   I keep a large notebook with a section for each of my firsties. After doing DRA's on each, I know what skills I need to work on and if I can group any of the kids together. I combined the behaviors that I notice in readers and teaching points I need to remember into single documents for each level of my readers from A-M (Fountas and Pinnell). At a glance I can see what support I need to provide and when my kiddos are ready to move up to the next level.  The checklist, date documentation, and other notes I have taken help during parent conferences and other meetings.

A sample of the level A documentation sheet

A sample of the level L documentations sheet



I hope this helps you whether you are a teacher or a parent!

Joyfully!
Nancy

15 comments:

  1. I always light up when I see that you've posted because I know it is going to be good! This is so wonderful!! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!
    I'm always trying to reconfigure my G.R. notebook...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first comment...I am delighted to dee your posts. Your practical approach is giving me many ideas as well as confidence that I can start formally using guided reading. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award, buzz by to pick it up=)
    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is wonderful!!!!! I am your newest follower.

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this. I am brand new to first grade this year, and brand new to the F&P levels. This is going to help me so much. Would love to know what you do for an initial assessment as well.
    Thanks again.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have any for levels beyond M, maybe to Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon- I just uploaded a new guided with levels A-Z. Look at my post for July 28. thanks for taking a peek! N

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these sheets!:) awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it... just what I was looking for! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a new teacher and I can't even begin to explain how AMAZING your blog is. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful posts. You are a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  14. are the other levels still available? n-z? if so where?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!