Thursday, July 12, 2012

Couch Potato!

Hello Everyone!
I have not been a couch potato this summer, but have been enjoying some time to rediscover some of my favs!
One of my favorite books to use along with our family/friends unit is "He Came With the Couch" by David Slonin.  If you do not have this book, you better hurry and grab one.  I have been in love with this book for several years. There is so much you can do with it!  The illustrations are what grabbed my attention.  You'll have to read the book several times for the kids to gather all the wonderful inferences and the passage of time shown through the the illustrations!
I am sharing my 16 page unit in hopes that you will fall in love with this book as well!!  It containes some reader's response activities, some anchor chart ideas, a couple of craft connections, some text connection activities and extensions.  If you are one of my kiddos, I hope you remember loving this book and will do some of these activities this summer.  Don't forget to ask mom or dad to print off some of the activities you want to do.

I've included some patterns in the unit

Thanks for stopping for a peek into the wonder-filled world of first grade!  Happy Learning!