Saturday, July 28, 2012

Guided Reading Teacher's notebook levels A-Z

Hello Everyone!
I have had several e-mails about my Guided reading Teachers Notebook and if I had anything for higher level readers.  My original document only went up to level M mainly because as a first grade teacher, I rarely have kids who are on levels higher than that.  But I had a few minutes today (while on the plane - finally getting away for a couple of days!) to work on the rest of the text levels.  In this packet you will find descriptors of things you will see at each level, a place for teacher notes, and some teaching points for each level.  I also included a chart comparing all the most common reading leveling series as well as descriptors for some of the early text levels.  I hope you will find this helpful as you work with your young readers.
In an earlier post I talked about printing off the unit for each kiddo, keeping them in a notebook, and documenting observations for each kiddo. A great way to keep organized!!

Have a great weekend!!  Finally, a beach day for me!!  Yippee!!