Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Room and Bandana Verbs

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!  Whew!  I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere in my new room.  There is still a ton of boxes unpacked, but I've got a handle on some of the comfy cozy things I like to do to create an inviting learning environment.  Everything is still a work in progress, but the vision is coming together.  One of my favorite things I like to do is surround my kiddos with verbs.  Yes, verbs.  For the past umpteen years, I have displayed motivational and learning outcome verbs on various things around the room, The past few years, because of my western theme, I've used bandanas.  I decided to use them again. 
I also made some fun western style signs for some of the different areas in the room.  My favorite thing about them? Chalk board paint!!  I can change what they say any time I need!! 
Well, I still have a ton more to do, but I think things are on their way!! Check back again soon to see more updates!!  Getting anxious for kids already!!
Bandana Verbs

For a 42 page printable of all my bandana verbs, click here!


Hats Off To Great Work










Thanks for stopping by!!!
Have a "Hats Off" kind of day!

Joyfully!
Nancy




11 comments:

  1. I love your classroom decorations!! The bandana verbs are awesome and a great way to have vocabulary around the room.

    - Vicky
    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is looking AWESOME! Have a great year! Thanks for all of the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the western signs for your different areas! They are perfect :-)

    I am a new follower! Feel free to stop by and check out my blog:

    http://www.frog-tasticfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    Alissa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I gotta tell ya, you are quickly becoming one of my FAVORITE blogs to read! Ya know how you get some blog posts, and it's like getting a REAL letter (or even email) from a friend, so you wait to read it until last? That's you! I love it!
    ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your signs are incredible and your classroom looks like it is ready for great adventures! Happy Trails and Smiles (please check out my Blog if you have not done so already)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one words to say about your classroom
    "AWESOME"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Everyone!!! I'm havin' fun!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously LOVE your blog! This is the beginning of my second year teaching. I am moving to a larger classroom with no storage units. I love the storage units you have, can you tell me what size they are? Another question, where did you get your decorating ideas for your classroom?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!