Wednesday, July 18, 2012

There Was an Old Lady

Hello Everyone!
Don't you love those "There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed" books by Lucille Colandro?  My kids love them!  They are great for sequencing, text connection, imagination exploration, etc!  I stumbled across a new one the other day, "There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books" and decided to do a quick ultra mini unit about it.  As you can probably tell, this book is about the old lady swallowing school supplies, so it is going to be good for vocabulary as well as all the other things! Great for beginning of school!
 This little unit contains some quick anchor charts for observations, and sequencing, a quick vowel/consonant recording sheet, a vocabulary word/pic matching activity,some reader's response activities, and a craft connection with patterns for the kiddos!

Sequencing anchor chart
Craft Connection




for your free 16 page download, swallow and click here! :)

There are so many more things you can do with this book!  Let me know what you think or if you have some other fun ideas!!

Have a great day!
Joyfully,
Nancy

12 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! Your freebies are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. The little old lady is so cute. I can't wait to make this with my little ones.
    Tammy
    primaryparadise.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the book, there are so many things to do and learn when I visit your Blog!!!!!! THANKS for sharing!! Check out my Blog if you have not done so already! SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activities! Thanks, once again, for your willingness to share your incredibly amazing activities!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all the amazing freebies!You must have the best teacher karma for all your generosity! You are truly appreciated. Namaste,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this wonderful freebie!! I know my students will love it! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. What....an old lady book that I don't own???
    Off to Barnes and Noble to see if they have it before I explode!
    Thanks for the great share!
    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!
    I just love this!! You are so wonderful for always sharing your amazing units! Thank you for being so kind!!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I JUST got this book - thanks so much for the great activities, I can't wait to use them!!

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your time and genrosity in sharing these great activities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your wonderful ideas and graphics. My students will really enjoy using these materials over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!