Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Hello Everyone!
 Everyone in my immediate family has a summer birthday. My oldest son will be turning 24, my youngest son will be turning 20, my husband and I will both be turning...well, you can probably figure it out! My husband and I will also be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this summer! We are all taking some time to be together in a wonder-filled vacation spot this month. I can't wait!!
Birthdays are so special. I try to make my firsties feel special on their birthdays. The kids at our school get to be on our video announcements on their birthday and are celebrated with a birthday book and pencil. In the classroom I like to set up the "Birthday Buckaroo's" desk with a birthday banner. They get to wear our Birthday Buckaroo hat, and enjoy a Happy Birthday Bucket filled with small treats. I get the buckets from Target's dollar spot before July 4th and do the writing before school starts. I've even, on occasion, been organized enough to have them filled and ready to go (bubbles, pencil, sticker, etc.) before the year starts.The kids love the buckets and I have even had kids who have graduated tell me they still have their bucket!! :)  
 We of course sing "Happy Birthday" as a class. This year I wanted to change it up a bit and celebrate with a new song. (No offense to the writer of the original "Happy Birthday!") I've heard this new song or something close to it before, so if you are the originator, thank you!! I think the kids are going to love it!!


Ready for the B-Day Buckaroo!



I'll run copies of the song, tie some rope around it and have that ready for each B'day kiddo as well!


If you have a birthday coming up, Happy Happy B-day!!
May all your dreams come true!

Joyfully!
Nancy 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your precious blog and followed! Can't wait to take a tour! Happy Birthday to all!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever work at Steak and Ale? I used to work there putting myself through college and this is almost like the birthday song we sang. I love it because its a change from the good ol' standard!!! Thanks again for sharing all your wonderful ideas and creativitiy!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!